Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Revisting Crafting Goals of Last Year

Well it's been a solid year since I posted about what I had in mind to knit here, so let's go back to it- and clean up! I'm also adding more in.

My last year's general crafting goals are in red, new comments in black:

My bigger, more general goals right now:
-Enter something in the fair. 
----- I'm going to clean up my Malabrigo sweater and enter it, and likely my Seaweed socks from our sock KAL. I don't know if I'll get anything else fair-worthy done in time. The fair is in April.

I did enter the fair and I won three blue ribbons! My competition wasn't huge, to be honest, but I'm still pretty excited. I spotted an unwoven end in one of my Seaweed socks right before I handed it in, but got no comments about the end (just "nice pattern"). The Malabrigo sweater was commented with "looks 'pilly'" which it was, and I entered the Wingspan shawl and don't remember what was said. There were some beautiful quilts, my favorite- actually I think there were two- were done up to look like pieced Mason jars, with the fabric inside the Mason jars realistic prints of foods like vegetables and fruits. Cute and clever!
I don't think I'll have anything done for the fair in time this year. I finished a pair of socks and a neckwarmer but I don't think either are really fair-worthy and they've been washed a lot.
I might enter the tiny octopus I made. Why not?

-Colorwork
---- I just want to get better at this, but I'll just find a way to use it in a future project. I don't have any main timeline here.
I practiced a bit in a hexipuff but otherwise, no colorwork progress.
-Charity knitting
---- There is a charity I can knit for with one of the women going to the Fair. Another knitting friend is running a drive right now, and that might be my main project after the socks (which are my current main project). The rest is ongoing.
Sad to say I didn't do this, other than the crocheted hats for a friend of Kellee's. I did get some baller fudge for making the hats- I didn't really think I liked fudge but hers is DELICIOUS.
My little goal for charity knitting will be a hat for a sailor for the Christmas At Sea  program. Just one hat. I can find time.
- Sewing. This has fallen so very far by the wayside. Honestly, I'm not surprised. Sewing isn't as portable and requires larger chunks of time than knitting.
Well, I have made a lot more time for sewing, which has pushed into my knitting time. Working at a fabric and craft store has really pushed me towards sewing. Sewing requires more chunks of time, but feels like it goes by faster also!

My smaller, more compartmentalized goals:

- Finish my mom's vest (by this year)
Still not done. Not even close. I did pick it back up though. Maybe I can finish it by THIS year.
- Knit HBf some fingerless gloves, his current ones are ratty and sad and acrylic anyways (by next winter)
Hbf and I broke up so I'm blissfully free of this goal, as I was already convinced he'd lose them anyways.
- Knit or crochet some more summery stuff. I am so cold this winter, but really, I live in Las Vegas. It will get hot again. (whenever)
Didn't do anything summery except maybe some washcloths?
- Set up this loom. (someday)
Still haven't done that.
-Figure out this knitting machine. (I've had the machine for like 4 years now without doing anything, it'll keep waiting)
It'll keep waiting....
- The Like Like sweater. I even have the yarn. (by this year)
Still hanging on to this one. Didn't like the swatch that much.
- The Charlie Brown Sweater Dress. I don't have the yarn for this, but it's a cool idea in my head. (whenever)
Whenever!

I've got some new goals, though:

- Make JHM's cowl. I've got the yarn, it needs to be wound, and I just need to get working on it. He probably won't get it in time for this winter, again, but he does live in a colder state than I do. Maybe I could finish it in time for the fair?
- Make Alexander a  Jayne hat. Looking at a few colors in Knitpicks or something from Valley Yarns, and I'll probably line it in fleece if I can. Jo-Ann's got in some lovely soft feeling Polarfleece.
- Work through some fabric stash! I'll spend much of it on making things for others, I think. Little zip pouches are generally useful.


No comments:

Post a Comment