Thursday, March 8, 2012

well, but

four days (really three) in.

I don't like so much:
The dust in the wind makes your skin gritty and sandy at the end of the day.
But: Shower feels extra clean, though.

Meh: All the lights, the whole town in a desert, not very environmentally sustainable.
But: The glitter sure is pretty. And today, with the lights in the distance, in the dark, backed by the shadowy mountains, backed by a beautiful sunset, blew me away.

Scared: of driving, people are crazy pants and it's confusing. The roads are nice and wide and mostly straight, but turns are so confusing. Signage feels willy-nilly and all these wide multiple lane roads actually confuse me as to what lane I should be in.
Get over it: because my road test is next Tuesday.

Arrgh: I lose my patience around my mother really easily. And her friends.
But: I can deal with it, it's like being a kid again. I am learning Thai and being fed and trying to control my emotions. And her friends are nice, just a lot to handle all day.

Ew: I keep having sinus headaches and I think it's because I'm not used to how dry the air is here. I am also getting nosebleeds at night. eeeeew.
But: I have a humidifier in my room. Actually I've taken to sleeping in my brother's room because his bed is bigger, and softer. I'll get used to the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment