Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bodice muslin

Made a muslin for the beginning of a blouse! Maybe. It's from a dress pattern. Also, I don't really get it yet. I took in a LOT from the sides, even though I cut it to the suggested measurements. The sleeves don't actually meet at the bottom/underarm on the pattern, but I tried it since I brought the sides in so much. This skews the neck though and now the neck line is SUPER low. Also, there's tons of bunching by the shoulders in the front.
I'll try recutting the sleeve (I want to to meet at the underarm, although I'm conflicted about the length of the sleeve) and taking out excess from the back instead of just the sides. And then I'm going to figure out how awful this is going to be when I use a pretty different fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment